Thursday, June 26, 2014

BLOG NAME CHANGE


Once again, I’ve decided to change the name of my blog. I think the name of my first blog which had only one post was, “Countdown to Retirement.” The second one which had maybe two posts was called, “Born in a Shack.” The most recent one to which I tried to blog often was called, “Retirement: Blessing or Curse.” Now, I’ve moved on to, “Paula’s Passionate (or not) Pursuits.”

 The first blog was going to record my getting ready to retire…couldn’t find the time to keep it up. The second and third blog names were ones I came up with in a class I was taking earlier this year, but neither one really seemed to speak to what I was attempting to do.

 And, what are you trying to do you ask (I hope, anyway)?  I am trying to write every day if possible, providing I have an idea for something I want to write about. I don’t want to write about how my day went, what I did or anything mundane…is this mundane??? I want to write about topics that excite me, move me, or about which I feel I actually have something to say. I even have a sort of goal with regard to my blog posts.

 And, what is your goal you ask (I hope)? My goal or hope is that eventually, there will be folks out there in Blogland who actually want to read the words I post about the topics I choose. Even better would be if those folks in Blogland were to comment (Look for the POST A COMMENT at the end of the post and click on it) and leave their ideas or opinions about what I’ve had to say.

One of the curses of retirement is that you lose a huge circle of co-workers who enrich your days by interacting with you. By blogging, I’m hoping to gain a circle of fellow bloggers (or friends who like to read my blog) who think my blogging enriches their days and in turn, want to enrich my days with their blog interactions.

 Hopefully, my passionate pursuits will be of interest to folks. Right now, I’m passionate about the name change and about writing and posting every single day. Who knows what topic I’ll be passionate about tomorrow…it’s my hope you’ll check back and see…and comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment